Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here we GO!

Ok, my heart is going pitter patter, this it it guys. We were told this afternoon that our report was mailed to Ethiopia through DHL yesterday and should be there by tomorrow, oh my goodness this is finally and really happening, what we have been waiting for exactly 3 months ago today since we stepped inside that court room in Addis. So our agency will notify us when our legal rep receives it and her next course of action which is to arrange a time to review our report with the judge.

So lets start praying like CRAZY, here are some specific requests, actually they are not requests, you HAVE to do it :)

Pray that God will immediately start softening the minds and hearts and opening the eyes of all those who will be reading our report and that they will see past their original decision and decide to approve our adoption

Pray for those advocating for us, pray that God will guide their actions, words and timing

Pray that our legal rep will be able to meet with the judge right away and pray that mowa will review our report immediately after receiving it from the judge

Pray that mowa and the judge will see and mutually agree that we are and should be the one and only parents to Isabel

Pray in Jesus name that our adoption will be approved

And continue to pray for our Isabel, that her every emotional, physical and spiritual needs be met

6 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    This is Elsie. Your blog won't let me comment unless I do it anonomously. It could be my fault. I'm very computer illiterate. Anyways, thanks for the specifics. I will be praying for all these things as most of these affect us as well. I'll also pray that you have peace as you WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for God to be your refuge during these difficult days. I pray this scripture will be an encourage to both of you as it has been to me recently. Deuteronomy 31:7,8
    Then Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, "Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall give it to them as an inheritance.
    The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail
    you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

    Love & hugs,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying that hearts will be softened and that while all of this is going on, Isabel's heart would be being prepared for all the changes that are to come in her life as she prepares to come to her new family. I am believing in a miracle in this situation. God is big enough to bring her home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wait is almost over...it's been long, strenuous and frustrating for both of you. You're very strong and patient...know that I am praying for both of you.

    Love,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you...

    Love from the Janz's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, guys. We have thought of you both and baby Isabel often over the past several months since our time in Ethiopia. Still believing that God is going to bring that precious baby girl home with you to Canada! Stay strong...

    Love,
    Dana & Tavie

    ReplyDelete