We have chosen the name, “Isabel” for our daughter, I have had that named picked out since I was a little girl. We will keep her given name that the orphanage gave her as her middle name however I still cannot publish any details including her given name until after the court date which she then will legally be ours. And speaking of court dates, I got a call from our adoption agency in Ontario this morning; we have a court date, March 1, 2011!! Wow, I still can’t believe it, on March 1st we will officially be parents, we feel like parents already but she officially will be OURS!! We have to be in Ethiopia by February 26th, we then get to meet her in a group setting then attend court on March 1st, we then get to return to the orphanage and hold our precious daughter for the first time, oh I am tearing up again, our daughter…we can take some pictures and give her a care package. But…like I said before, we then have to leave her until her visa arrives. Please pray that this process will not take very long so she can come home and be with us.
A friend of ours told us that the sleeper Isabel was wearing in her picture is the exact sleeper that her son wore when he was a baby, wow, how God knows how those little details are so important to us. The sleeper she was wearing was blue, my 4 year old niece Brianna was not impressed that Isabel was wearing blue, she said, “don’t they have pink clothes in Africa?!?!” So cute.
So off to make travel arrangements!!
No comments:
Post a Comment