So I finally mailed my notarized report to Ontario yesterday!!! Man or man what a process to get that done, 2 months of waiting waiting waiting and stress! I am SO glad that is done! So it will arrive on Monday and it should be sent right away to be legalized and authenticated, I say should with caution. Please pray that for once things would go smoothly and that the report will be sent to the foreign officials right away the day it arrives. When we have done this in the past it has taken about 3 weeks. So once that is completed it can then be mailed to Ethiopia which is exciting and relieving but scary at the same time knowing that everything depends on this report.
On another note, I am the proud new auntie to a Liberia baby girl who was named after ME!!! I have a friend, Yassah, from Liberia who came to Canada as a refugee about 7 years ago, she has always said that she see me as her daughter. So when her daughter in Liberia gave birth a few days ago to a baby girl she asked her to name her Melissa, how cool is that!!!! So Yassah told me that I have a niece in Liberia with my Canadian name!!
That's a very cool story about your Liberian namesake!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that Foreign Affairs is speedier than usual and that the report is off to Ethiopia soon!
HI Melissa,
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear the report is on it's way and yes I will pray for speed.
Also sending lots of love and courage your way.
love Shannon